Military Discharges


Military personnel are encouraged to file their discharge papers with the County Clerk for safekeeping and proof of service needed for Veterans Administration benefits.  Your DD for 214, part 4 is the copy that shows the discharge status and will be filed at no charge. 

Copies of military discharge records can be provided only to the veteran.  Be prepared to provide your full name at the time of enlistment and to show some form of identification when making a request.  If the veteran is deceased or unable to make the request, please contact the Veterans’ Service Officer.