The Clay County Courthouse will officially open to the public on June 15th at 8:00 am. Please keep in mind that the health and well-being of our patrons, as well as our employees and elected officials, is our priority. Therefore, the following safety measures will be implemented:
- Access to the courthouse will only be at the south entrance.
- Staff will be at the door to ask questions and take your temperature, before entering.
- You will be required to check in and out of the courthouse.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available. We strongly encourage you to use both as several offices will not allow access without a mask.
- No more than 10 people will be allowed in the courthouse at a time (excluding staff).
- No more than 2 people (family) per office at one time
- If you come to the courthouse without an appointment at your desired office, you may experience a longer than normal wait.
- We ask that you adhere to the 6-foot social distancing recommendations at all times.
- You may only go to the office that you have checked in for. If the need to go to another office occurs, you will need to return to the check in area, to see if that particular office is available.
Driver’s license exams will tentatively resume on June 30th, 2020
While the courthouse will be open to the public, please make every effort to continue conducting business by phone or email or utilizing the convenient drop box on the south side of the courthouse.
- Assessor: Brenda Hansen 402-762-3792
- Attorney: Ted Griess 402-762-3461
- Clerk: Deborah Karnatz 402-762-3463
- Clerk of District Court: Joni Bitterman 402-762-3595
- County Court: Julie Bergen 402-762-3651
- Emergency Manager: Tim Lewis 402-762-4939
- Extension Office: Deanna Peshek 402-762-3644
- Highway Department: Tom Roemmich 402-762-3532
- Health Department: Laurie Sheridan 402-762-3571
- Planning & Zoning: Barb Barnett 402-762-3868
- Sheriff: Jeff Franklin 402-762 3528
- Treasurer: Robin Gilbert 402-762-3505
- Veterans Services: Mike Irons 402-762-3508
- Weed Superintendent: Bruce Rumsey 402—762-3652
We invite you to browse our web site to learn about our various County offices and the services Clay County, Nebraska offers its citizens. Courthouse hours are from 8:00 - 4:00 Monday - Friday except on holidays.
This web site contains information about County programs, services, departments and offices, as well as helpful information on commonly asked questions. We encourage you to use this site frequently to access agendas and minutes of the Board of County Supervisors.