The Clay County Supervisors and Elected Officials, after careful consideration of recommendations, have made the decision that the Clay County Courthouse will be closed to the public, effective immediately, until further notice. We find this necessary to maintain the health and safety of our employees and the public as our nation deals with the COVID-19 pandemic.
All employees will report to their office as usual and will have the capability to maintain business as needed via phone, fax, websites and email. We have also added a drop box at the rear entrance, on the south side of the courthouse. Documents for any of the offices in the courthouse can be placed in it and will be distributed to the appropriate office. Please call the office for guidance as to how your courthouse matters may need to be conducted without entering the building. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Say safe Clay County!
- Assessor: Brenda Hansen 402-762-3792
- Attorney: Ted Griess 402-762-3461
- Clerk: Deborah Karnatz 402-762-3463
- Clerk of District Court: Joni Bitterman 402-762-3595
- County Court: Julie Bergen 402-762-3651
- Emergency Manager: Tim Lewis 402-762-4939
- Extension Office: DeeAnn Peshek 402-762-3644
- Highway Department: Tom Roemmich 402-762-3532
- Health Department: Laurie Sheridan 402-762-3571
- Planning & Zoning: Barb Barnett 402-762-3868
- Sheriff: Jeff Franklin 402-762 3528
- Treasurer: Robin Gilbert 402-762-3505
- Veterans Services: Mike Irons 402-762-3508
- Weed Superintendent: Bruce Rumsey 402—762-3652
We invite you to browse our web site to learn about our various County offices and the services Clay County, Nebraska offers its citizens. Courthouse hours are from 8:00 - 4:00 Monday - Friday except on holidays.
This web site contains information about County programs, services, departments and offices, as well as helpful information on commonly asked questions. We encourage you to use this site frequently to access agendas and minutes of the Board of County Supervisors.